[Snort-users] Installation of Snort Sensor

edmund.li at ...10410... edmund.li at ...10410...
Sun Nov 2 04:08:04 EST 2003

Dear all,

Additional work has been added to the sensor.

1) install mysql 4.0.16 without-server option
2) ++ rpm -ivh
MySQL-client-4.0.16-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-devel-4.0.16-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-4.0.16-0.i386.rpm
3) install tcpdump.3.7.2
4) install  libcap-0.7.2
5) install snort-2.0.2
6) snortcenter-agent-v1.0-RC1
7) Add one more network card (eth1) for snort sniffing.
8)  Reconfig the snortcenter in order to communicate with the sensor

Any suggestion why I do not see any info packet of sensor to snort server
?

I have one question, Is this normal when I check the snort.eth1.conf from
sensor /opt/snortcenter/sensor/rules/

[root at ...10440... rules]# more snort.eth1.conf
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Snort Configuration file for < sensor1 >
# Created with SnortCenter v1.0 RC1 < http://users.pandora.be/larc/ >
# $Id: snort.conf, Sunday 02nd of November 2003 06:58:56 PM
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#
#
#
#
#
# $Id: classification.config, Sunday 02nd of November 2003 06:58:56 PM
#

PS (I do not use the ssl yet, all the ssl is disable in my snortserver for
the time being)

Edmund

Edmund LI/CN/ALCATEL at ...10441...
Sent by: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net