[Snort-users] Virus Rules Gone?

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Fri May 30 15:34:03 EDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Steve An wrote:

> Is Snort not using virus rules any longer?  I got this signature
> update...

[...snip...]

> # These rules are going away. We don't care about virus rules

Well, from reading that comment, I'd say it would be safe to say 'Yes,
they will go away Real Soon Now.'

Does it matter?  *shrug*  Only if you actually used them.  If you did use
them you were out of date by something like a year and a half.

To be quite honest you're better off using a _real_ virus scanner.  Sophos
or something along the same lines is a _much_ better solution.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams