[Snort-users] Snort 2.0 and SNMP - Plugin error

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Fri May 30 09:40:10 EDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Mike Koponick wrote:

> I' attempting to start SNMP with SNORT. The issue that I am having is
> that snort will not start (nor test) and fails on the snmp plugin.

[...snip...]

I'm not sure if you realize it, but SNMP support was removed from 2.0.

On the other hand, there is a patch [0] that will add support.

Now, if you've already grabbed that patch...  It sounds like 'trap_snmp'
output plugin wasn't registered.  Make sure there was a patch made to
plugbase.c.  If I were to guess, I'd say something didn't work with the
patch.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams