[Snort-users] is it possible to extend my partition without losing my dbases?

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Fri May 30 09:04:07 EDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Horta, Benny wrote:

> is there a tool that will let me extend my partition without losing my
> files? I need more space for mysql databases but Im not sure what I can use
> to extend the partition without losing existing data.

Yes, No and Maybe.

There are some tools that can do partition resizing.  Those tools don't
run on all OS'es.

Here's a quick Google:

 http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Disk_Management/Partition/?tc=1

If you're on Solaris you'll need Veritas VXvFS and VXvM.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams