[Snort-users] Re: SnortCenter Configuration

Joerg Weber j.weber at ...8292...
Fri May 30 01:26:02 EDT 2003

Just a quick comment:

> I'm hearing of a lot of people happily using SnortCenter.  The problems
> I'm encountering are so darn basic, I'm wondering if there's something
> fundamentally different or broken about my setup (one possibility for
> the tar issue is that nobody considered that SnortCenter might be run on
> a non-BSD/non-Linux system, for example), or if, in fact, someone was
> just damn sloppy with this latest version of SnortCenter.
These problems were introduced into SnortCenter with the release of
Snort 2.0, and not fixed yet. Seen that the tool has quite some
complexity and the author provides it for free, I'm reluctant to label
it damn sloppy, I'll agree though that it's a headache at the moment.

Cheers!

--
Joerg Weber
Network Security