[Snort-users] SnortCenter Configuration

Joerg Weber j.weber at ...8292...
Fri May 30 00:50:06 EDT 2003

Hi Roy,

I just can't find the mail in the archives right now, but if I'm not
mistaken are the rules on the net for some reason formated in a way that
snortcenter won't read them anymore (I think Stefan mentioned something
about a comment field but I could be wrong).
What I do is cat the rules into one big rulefile and upload that
manually once, then do the updates in little chunks.

Hope that helps,

Joerg

> I actually had Snort working well in standalone mode, and I'm trying to
> integrate it into SnortCenter (so I'll initially have SnortCenter manage
> one agent).  SnortCenter and Agent talk well with each other; I've
> uploaded the config file I was using originally, but I'm having a
> problem with the rules.  Specifically, if I do admin->import/update
> rules->update from internet, I get "No update this time..." which is not
> necessarily all that descriptive.  Nothing new? Couldn't find anything
> Dunno.
>
> I obviously don't want to hand-enter a whole bunch of different rules.
> Any suggestions?
>
> -roy

Joerg Weber
Network Security