[Snort-users] Firing off Abuse email based on Snort Traffic

Matt Howell mhowell at ...9084...
Thu May 29 15:53:02 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 14:43, bmcdowell at ...7861... wrote:

> I personally am not aware of anything like this, mostly because it is generally frowned upon.

These are all very good points.  I appreciate the input, and since a
pre-packaged solution is not available, it is very unlikely that we will
actually implement something like this.

Since I am not the one making the decisions here (I am a consultant
answering, eventually, to my clients) all I can do is make suggestions
and then assist my client base in achieving their goals; right or
wrong.  I am sure anyone working within the "chain of command" knows
this process all too well.  This is especially true, these days when,
for many companies, automation and "efficiency" (job obsolescence?) are
a priority to stay under budget.

As always, I appreciate everyone's input!

-Matt