[Snort-users] libpcap not found by configure

James Schnack acrux14 at ...125...
Wed May 28 08:43:12 EDT 2003

That was done already... anyways, I re-checked and repeated it just in case,
but with no luck.  :-(

Any other ideas...?

I still end up with:

[...]
checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... no

   ERROR!  Libpcap library/headers not found, go get it from
   http://www.tcpdump.org
   or use the --with-libpcap-* options, if you have it installed
   in unusual place

when configuring.

Maybe somebody could tell me what are the files I should end up with after
installing (compiling) libpcap ? Because I don't have any file with a name
including pcap_datalink... (should I ?)

I do have /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a, /usr/local/include/pcap.h and
/usr/local/include/pcap-namedb.h. But I'm starting to think this may not be
enough.

All ideas appreciated!

TIA,

James

"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."
Mark Twain