[Snort-users] cannot start snort sensor

Jeremy Bartels Jeremy.Bartels at ...8170...
Wed May 28 07:41:33 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I am following the fabulous document from superhac.com about Enterprise
snort implementation

I followed the document and it worked fine.

I've since put in a Linux router because I want the sensor to be one a
different network than the management server (snortcenter/acid/etc.)

I've changed the network configuration and have connectivity,

I've changed the miniserv.conf for the snortcenter agent to allow the new IP
address of the management server.

BUT

I get this message:

	Attempting to start Sensor Agent..
	Starting SnortCenter Sensor Agent server in /opt/snortagent/sensor
	Failed to bind port 2525 : Cannot assign requested address at
/opt/snortagent/sensor/miniserv.pl line 309.
	ERROR: Failed to start Sensor Agent!

does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Jeremy