[Snort-users] Snort Event Ids on win2000

Joe Kinsella jkinsella at ...9312...
Wed May 28 06:12:22 EDT 2003

If you use the -E parameter, Snort logs to the Application event log under a
source called SnortService.  However, I still am unclear how this is
supposed to work since it does not appear as though the Snort install on
Windows registers a message resource DLL.  So even when I log to the event
log, I get the following (note that the Event Viewer cannot properly format
the message since it cannot locate a valid resource DLL):

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	SnortService
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1