[Snort-users] Elkern Worm

Terence Runge terencerunge at ...9090...
Tue May 27 14:17:06 EDT 2003

If memory serves me right, Elkern relies on easily cracked passwords
with Administrator permissions in order to infect your Windows shares.
Run an xscan against one of your infected systems and check for a weak
or non-existent Adminstrator password.

-Terence