[Snort-users] Problems with logging to mysql db

Shawn Duffy pakkit at ...5471...
Mon May 26 02:57:05 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 01:33, Donnie Green wrote:

> Problem:
> When I start snort now, I get the message "SNORT is up and running!", but
> when I execute the command "ps -ef | grep snort" snort is not running. ( The
> mysql db is)

Could you perhaps open another terminal window and do:
tail -f /var/log/messages

when you start snort?  That may tell you something... or, if you don't
understand it, can you post the log messages here to help us understand
what the problem is?

Thanks,
--
Shawn Duffy, CCSE CCNA