[Snort-users] MySQL error during SNORT setup

Guillaume Rix guillaume.rix at ...5661...
Fri May 23 10:37:32 EDT 2003

Hi Arnold,

Try this :

mysql -u root -p rootpassword
mysql> connect snort
mysql> source c:\applications\snort\contrib\create_mysql

Guillaume

Arnold Trauth wrote:

>I'm trying to setup SNORT on WIN2000.
>
>I'm using the Snort Installation Manual that I downloaded from Silicon
>Defense entitled "Snort, MySQL, ACID and IIS". The manual is dated April 18,
>2003. I followed that example on Page 9 "Creating ACID tables in the MySQL
>database"  exactly but receive the following error message:
>
>error message is:      Unknown command '\a'.
>
>Here's the statement I entered on the command line:
>

>>mysql -u root snort c:\applications\snort\contrib\create_mysql
>>

>Any help with this would be appreciated.

Guillaume Rix               / __// / //  \  |
Technical Support Engineer _\_ \/ / // / /  |
SunONE - A Division of     \___/\__//_/_/   |
                            Microsystems    |