[Snort-users] MySQL error during SNORT setup

Arnold Trauth Arnold_Trauth at ...9267...
Fri May 23 07:17:07 EDT 2003

I'm trying to setup SNORT on WIN2000.

I'm using the Snort Installation Manual that I downloaded from Silicon
Defense entitled "Snort, MySQL, ACID and IIS". The manual is dated April 18,
2003. I followed that example on Page 9 "Creating ACID tables in the MySQL
database"  exactly but receive the following error message:

error message is:      Unknown command '\a'.

Here's the statement I entered on the command line: