[Snort-users] IDS Pricing

twig les twigles at ...131...
Wed May 21 19:55:05 EDT 2003

Actually that is the case if you want to use the Unix console to
control the configs/alarms/stuff.  They have one for windows
also and recently a web-based control.  The windows one only ran
on NT4 when I tried it (summer 2002) which was absolutely
unacceptable.  The web interface was for small shops (2-3
sensors) and it was free, but it required you to run a web
server on the sensor itself - a Cisco web server, ug.  The new
sensors were pretty expensive, I can't remember exactly how much
they quoted us and I don't want to guess, but it was over 10
grand each and we get almost 50% off list.  That did *not*
include the various licenses.  The sensors themselves were i386
boxes with console ports added running Solaris 8 for Intel (ug
squared).

I hope I haven't strayed too far into Netranger...ahem, I mean
Cisco Secure IDS, for a Snort list.

=====