[Snort-users] Interest in Snort/Acid/SnortCenter/etc... Integrated RPM and Setup?

Chris chris at ...9206...
Wed May 21 17:05:04 EDT 2003

Anyone here interested in packaging of Snort with Acid and all the
trimmings in some sort of standardized RPM type format?

Thinking this might be easier for my sensors, curious if it would help
others at the same time. We do fresh installs for each release (no
in-box upgrades) and end up putting it back together anyways. If there's
interest, please let me know privately (no need to spam the list too
much).

Also, the key here is INTEGRATED rpm/setup - not just lots of separate
packages. So I'm also interested in whether or not any of the software
authors have issues with packaged installs with complementary products,
etc.

Feedback and criticism welcome, flames to /dev/null. Seems like a great
way to get newer users using Snort, and might save a few headaches from
time to time, IMO.

-Chris