[Snort-users] Snort alerts to SNMP

Paul.Fiero at ...5820... Paul.Fiero at ...5820...
Wed May 21 12:58:05 EDT 2003

Greetings all, I am currently facing a situation that I hope you all can
help with.

I am trying to see if I can get my snort sensors to send SNMP alerts to my
Nagios box.  That way it can send alerts and notifications while providing a
method for maintaining trends in alerts and a nifty visual tool for seeing
things.  Does this make any sense?  Is anyone doing something along these
lines?

If you have any help, suggestions, recommendations, etc.  Please e-mail me
at paul.fiero at ...5820...

Paul Fiero
Information Security Analyst
City of Austin