[Snort-users] is there an ftp site to fetch rules

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Wed May 21 10:07:09 EDT 2003

FTP? no.. HTTP, yes.. CVS, yes.

See  section 3.18 of the FAQ in the snort 2.0 tarball's Doc directory

It's even got a shell script that downloads them with wget for you.

(I would point you to the FAQ on the website, but nobody has bothered to
update that since 1.8..
*COUGH* FAQ and Website maintainers *COUGH*)

The download location is in:

http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/