[Snort-users] Compilation Bug (Solaris 9, Snort 2.0.0, Sun CC)

Roy S. Rapoport snort-users at ...9230...
Tue May 20 11:12:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:26:10AM -0400, Chris Green wrote:
> > Out of the box, snort compiles w/o problems using gcc (3.2.2) on my
> > Solaris 9 box.  However, given that SunCC usually produces faster
> > binaries, I attempted to compile with it, only to encounter
>
> Please update to current CVS for the __FUNCTION__ problem

Kinda difficult -- neither current nor stable include 'configure.'  Am I
supposed to generate it myself somehow?

(and for some reason, using cvs directly doesn't seem to work so well
either:
198 nag /tmp # cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/snort
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

(hitting return for the blank password).

-roy