[Snort-users] Rules just don't show up in SNortcenter

Joerg Weber j.weber at ...8292...
Tue May 20 00:04:05 EDT 2003

Matthew,

> When I go to update rules from the Internet it says there are no updates
> available.  Of course this does not make sense because when I go to view
> the rules no rules even show up.

this seems to be a bug in SnortCenter 1.0RC1, I had the same issues. A
workaround seems to be to upload the rules yourself, by hand. That
apparently works fine. I've not yet filed a bug report as I can't
suggest a fix nor provide step-by-step reproduction instructions, but
it's def. an issue.

Regards,

Joerg

--