[Snort-users] Rules just don't show up in SNortcenter

Matthew McCarty matthew at ...6365...
Mon May 19 08:41:13 EDT 2003

I installed Snort, ACID, and Snort center according to this guys
documentation:

www.superhac.com

The only difference is that my system is Redhat 8.0 and not 9.0

When I go to update rules from the Internet it says there are no updates
available.  Of course this does not make sense because when I go to view
the rules no rules even show up.

I have manually unpackaged the current rules into etc/snort/rules and
have tried both the /etc/snort and etc/snort/rules line in the config
file for the sensors located in /etc/snort -- they still do not show up
in the Snort Console. I have looked at all the variables in the
/var/html/www/snortcenter configuration file and am at a loss as to how
to force the recognition of the signatures.

Does anybody have any ideas?

--
Matthew McCarty <matthew at ...6365...>