[Snort-users] Snort sensor agent

sireesha gaddipati g_siri_g at ...5176...
Wed May 14 10:01:07 EDT 2003

Yeah I am running snort different interfaces. - eth0 and eth1.

First I installed snort center agent for eth0 sensor ,  I am promted for                IP address = (Your sensors Management IP)
I gave my eth0's IP address. It worked fine.

Is that address the interface's address on which snort sensor is sniffing?

Do I need to change anything in miniserv.conf inorder to add second one?

Thanks.
Sireesha

larc <larc at ...1187...> wrote:
Yes you can run more then one snort sensor with one agent. If you use a
different network interface for each snort sensor there is no problem,
if you want to use different sensor with the same interface you have to
use the -R option in the command line field.

Stefan

sireesha gaddipati wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running two snort sensors on the same machine. Can I use the same
> snort sensor agent for both of them? If not, how can I do this?
>
> Thanks
> Sireesha
>

> Catch all the cricket action. Download Yahoo! Score tracker

Snort-users list archive: