[Snort-users] Bus error on sparc

Michael Bell michael.bell at ...9156...
Wed May 14 07:46:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

I made finally some small fixes in decode.(c|h) and some more fixes in
spp_stream4.c. I removed SPARC_TWIDDLE from spp_stream4.c and changed
the code for alignment a little bit.

Can a more experienced snort developer verify the diffs please? I only
made some small hacks to fix the bus errors but of course I cannot say
that I know what I'm doing :)

Without the patch it is possible to crash snort on sparc with some
wellformed packets (even if stream4 is not activated).

Thanks Michael
Michael Bell                   Email: michael.bell at ...9156...
ZE Computer- und Medienservice            Tel.: +49 (0)30-2093 2482
(Computing Centre)                        Fax:  +49 (0)30-2093 2704
Humboldt-University of Berlin
Unter den Linden 6
10099 Berlin                   Email (private): michael.bell at ...5689...
Germany                                       http://www.openca.org