[Snort-users] Re: [Users] Need recommendations for good books on the security topic

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at ...9152...
Mon May 12 05:25:11 EDT 2003

I can recommend

Charlie Kaufman, Radia Perlman, Mike Spencer,
„Network Security , Second Edition“,
740 pages, 2002, Prentice Hall, Inc.
ISBN 0-13-046019-2

I'm using it in my course "Secure Network Communications".

Regards

Andreas

Bjørn Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi :-)
>
> Sorry for this a little bit off topic question.  I hope it's ok, it's a
> simple one.
>
> Anybody who can recommend a good general security book, covering
> firewalls, IDS, authentication, keys, cracker methods, encryption, 3rd
> and 4th layer security and so on.
>
> The book shall be used for teaching and education.
>
> I've a book "Network Security Essentials - Application and Standards -
> 2nd ed.", but it only have about 400 pages, so it probably doesn't dig
> deep enough.  Anybody who are familiar with this book?
>

> Best regards
> Bjørn Rasmussen

> __
>
> Bjørn Rasmussen                    Tel:     +47 37 29 80 00
> Bjørn Rasmussen Nettverkstjenester E-mail:  bjoernr at ...9139...
> Moneheia 47,                       Web:
> http://wind.prohosting.com/bjoernr
> Kristiansand,  4656                Org.nr.  981 646 770  MVA
>
> RHCE:  http://www.redhat.com/rhce/rhce807001641802868.html
> MCSE, MCP, MCP+I:  NT 4.0

Andreas Steffen                     e-mail: andreas.steffen at ...9152...
Zuercher Hochschule Winterthur      home:   http://www.zhwin.ch/~sna/
CH-8401 Winterthur (Switzerland)    phone:  +41 52 267 76 77