[Snort-users] Need recommendations for good books on the security topic

Shawn Duffy pakkit at ...5471...
Fri May 9 23:49:03 EDT 2003

Well there are a ton out there...  but for the topics you have stated, I
would recommend:

Inside Network Perimeter Security by Stephen Northcutt et al.:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735712328/qid=1052548886/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-0346632-5200040?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Encryption is a whole other matter...  it depends on how deep you want
to get...  If you want a good explanation of cryptography without too
much math:
Applied Cryptography by Bruce Schneier:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471117099/qid=1052548965/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-0346632-5200040

Or if you want a lot of math:
The Handbook of Applied Cryptography by Alfred Menezes et al.:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0849385237/qid=1052548965/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_2/002-0346632-5200040

Browse around amazon.com...

I have a ton of books so feel free to email me off-list if you have any
other questions...

Thanks,
Shawn