[Snort-users] Need recommendations for good books on the security topic

Bjørn Rasmussen bjoernr at ...9138...
Fri May 9 17:00:03 EDT 2003

Hi :-)

Sorry for this a little bit off topic question.  I hope it's ok, it's a
simple one.

Anybody who can recommend a good general security book, covering
firewalls, IDS, authentication, keys, cracker methods, encryption, 3rd
and 4th layer security and so on.

The book shall be used for teaching and education.

I've a book "Network Security Essentials - Application and Standards -
2nd ed.", but it only have about 400 pages, so it probably doesn't dig
deep enough.  Anybody who are familiar with this book?

Best regards
Bjørn Rasmussen

__

Bjørn Rasmussen                    Tel:     +47 37 29 80 00
Bjørn Rasmussen Nettverkstjenester E-mail:  bjoernr at ...9139...
Moneheia 47,                       Web:
http://wind.prohosting.com/bjoernr
Kristiansand,  4656                Org.nr.  981 646 770  MVA

RHCE:  http://www.redhat.com/rhce/rhce807001641802868.html
MCSE, MCP, MCP+I:  NT 4.0