[Snort-Users] new to snort and intrusion detection

Cloppert, Michael Michael.Cloppert at ...5884...
Fri May 9 07:51:04 EDT 2003

I own both of these, and the Northcutt/Novak book is always the FIRST ONE I
recommend to EVERYONE asking about NIDS - it's the difinitive guide, IMHO.
I would also like to recommend:
Internetworking with TCP/IP, Vol. 1
Douglas E. Comer
Prentice Hall, ISBN: 0-13-216987-8

Douglas E Comer was (I believe) one of the fundamental people involved in
the development of the TCP/IP - this book is a must-have for anyone who ever
has to look at a packet.

Mike Cloppert, GCIA