[Snort-users] Snort missing traffic...?

Ponte, Paul F pponte at ...8780...
Thu May 8 18:42:21 EDT 2003

>The ethernet link to hub and to other parts of the network are all 100
>base. Could it be the speed of the server? Not sure where to go, I know

That's it, PJ.  10 and 100 Mb Ethernet are different animals.  Most
dual-speed hubs today actually bridge between those two types of collision
domains.  Force everything attached to that hub to either 10 or 100 and it
will all be clear.  Good luck!

Paul

The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW -- <a href="http://www.ifaw.org">www.ifaw.org</a>) works to improve the welfare of wild and domestic animals throughout the world by reducing commercial exploitation of animals, protecting wildlife habitats, and assisting animals in distress. IFAW seeks to motivate the public to prevent cruelty to animals and to promote animal welfare and conservation policies that advance the well-being of both animals and people.

This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.