[Snort-users] Re: ACID Error: Error (p) connecting to DB

David Powell dpowell at ...8963...
Tue May 6 09:57:02 EDT 2003

Assuming you're using Linux,

I've had this error on a number of my attempts to build an Acid server.
After a few attempts I got past it.  The problem for me was not setting the
grants/passwords incorrectly in mysql.

However in your case, the problem could be with PHP installing with
incorrect dependencies.  Another place to double-check is the acid_conf.php
file or acidviewer_conf.php making sure your syntax is correct in there.
All of these above mentioned give a similar error message with your db
connection.  Rule out the grants/passwords in mysql since you're connecting
at the command line to the db ok.

Dave Powell - Network Analyst
Infrastructure 310-258-7140
Herbalife IT Department

Hi,

I get the following error when I attempted to access the ACID Console (
https://localhost/acid/index.html) for the first time:

Warning: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
server.
Consider upgrading MySQL client in
/var/www/html/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 229

Error (p)connecting to DB : snort at ...274...:3306

Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php
               = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the alerts are
stored
               = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
               = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
               = $alert_user     : username into the database
               = $alert_password : password for the username

Database ERROR:Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
server. Consider upgrading MySQL client

I can connect to the snort db locally within mysql, however, not from ACID.
Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Paul