[Snort-users] snort v2.0 logging to mysql database

Semerjian, Ohanes ohanes.semerjian at ...8907...
Tue May 6 06:26:32 EDT 2003

Thanx very much Erek for the tip much appreciated. I'll do that

Best Regards

Ohanes Semerjian
Security Engineer, AsiaPac
International Security Group  (Central Services)
MCI International

Ph:(02) 9434 5636
Mob: 0410 657 249

PGP kEY
75DF 2980 5663 2DC1 12CD  E43E 94D6 7A9A 222D 3449

-----Original Message-----
From: Erek Adams [mailto:erek at ...950...]
Sent: Tuesday, 6 May 2003 12:06 AM
To: Semerjian, Ohanes
Cc: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] snort v2.0 logging to mysql database

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Semerjian, Ohanes wrote:

> I'm testing snort v2.0 on solaris v8 (sparc). I had snort starting but
then
> it quite with error below. On the databse side I had granted permission to
> the user on the sensor to log alerts to mysql (I had 8 other sensors doing
> so running v 1.7). On the mysql I use the following command to grant the
> permission

If you're upgrading from 1.7 and using MySQL, I'm almost 100% certain that
you have an old version of the DB schema.  Due to the large number of
changes from 1.7 to 2.0 I'd suggest either building a new DB for testing
with 2.0 and then slowly migrate the 1.7 sensors to 2.0 and use the newdb
or drop the tables and rereate it using the new schema.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

Snort-users list archive: