[Snort-users] Send data to MySQL and Alert file

Yijia_Zhou at ...9064... Yijia_Zhou at ...9064...
Tue May 6 06:26:25 EDT 2003

Run two snort daemon and use different configuration file, one for MySQL and one
for log.

-Craig

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           "Anthony Seung"             |
|         |           <aseung at ...8705...>           |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           snort-users-admin at ...4626...|
|         |           ceforge.net                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           05/05/2003 09:49 AM         |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  |       To:       <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>                                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Snort-users] Send data to MySQL and Alert file                                                              |

I am trying to send data to two places.  One is to the MySQL database
and another is to the alert file.  When I set the output to MySQL, no
data goes to alert file.  Only when I comment out output for MySQL, the
data now goes to alert file.  Anybody know how to get data to both
places?

Thanks,

Anthony Seung
Communications Engineering