[Snort-users] ACID Error: Error (p) connecting to DB

Yijia_Zhou at ...9064... Yijia_Zhou at ...9064...
Tue May 6 06:26:20 EDT 2003

Maybe you should check if you have installed MySQL client, library and client
share module if you are running on Linux?

Regards,
-Craig

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           "Paul Pearston"             |
|         |           <paul.pearston at ...9108...|
|         |           m>                          |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           snort-users-admin at ...4626...|
|         |           ceforge.net                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           05/05/2003 08:54 AM         |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  |       To:       <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>                                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Snort-users] ACID Error: Error (p) connecting to DB                                                         |

Hi,

I get the following error when I attempted to access the ACID Console (
https://localhost/acid/index.html) for the first time:

Warning: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server.
Consider upgrading MySQL client in
/var/www/html/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 229

Error (p)connecting to DB : snort at ...274...:3306

Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php
               = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the alerts are
stored
               = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
               = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
               = $alert_user     : username into the database
               = $alert_password : password for the username

Database ERROR:Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
server. Consider upgrading MySQL client

I can connect to the snort db locally within mysql, however, not from ACID. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Paul