[Snort-users] What NICs are people using?

Gordon Cunningham gcunnin2 at ...163...
Mon May 5 21:04:04 EDT 2003

I was following links into the HCL list.  See the HCL on the Redhat site at:

http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/?pagename=hcl&view=allhardware&vendor=399&cla
ss=6#list

Pick one of the RH 8.0 NICs, such as:  i82559 (Ether Express Pro 100)   Read
the note.

- Gordon

"The software said it requires Windows 98 or better, so I installed
Linux..."

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Bennett Todd [mailto:bet at ...6163...]
Sent:	Monday, May 05, 2003 10:56 PM
To:	Gordon Cunningham
Cc:	snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:	Re: [Snort-users] What NICs are people using?

 << File: ATT00086.dat >> 2003-05-02T12:47:37 Gordon Cunningham:
> RedHat says the use of multiple same-chipset Intel Pro100 NICs won't work
> due to a bug in the driver.

I've set up several happy snorters, using Compaq quad-10/100BaseT
NICs in Compaq DL-320s, for a total of six eepro100 NICs. I bonded
four of 'em aggregating the sniff from two 100BaseT network taps,
and used one of the builtins as the management port.

Could you give a cite for that? I'd like to read more about it.

-Bennett