[Snort-users] ACID Error: Error (p) connecting to DB

Slighter, Tim tslighter at ...5174...
Mon May 5 13:39:09 EDT 2003

Your answer has nothing to do with the answer you received.  There is a main
configuration file in the ACID directory called "acid_conf.php" that must be
edited to reflect the db values for your snort database:

/* Alert DB connection parameters
* - $alert_dbname : MySQL database name of Snort alert DB
* - $alert_host : host on which the DB is stored
* - $alert_port : port on which to access the DB
* - $alert_user : login to the database with this user
* - $alert_password : password of the DB user
*
* This information can be gleaned from the Snort database
* output plugin configuration.
*/
$alert_dbname = "snort_log";
$alert_host = "localhost";