[Snort-users] Snort sensor on a Firewall

Michael Steele mes at ...9057...
Mon May 5 11:13:02 EDT 2003

Sireesha,

In short:

Placing Snort on the far side of the firewall will allow Snort to monitor
all traffic.

Placing Snort on the near side of the firewall will allow Snort to detect on
everything that gets past the firewall.

 -Michael