[Snort-users] Send data to MySQL and Alert file

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Mon May 5 10:34:12 EDT 2003

I use the following output plugins in my snort.conf:

output alert_fast: alert.ids
output database: log, mysql, host=somehost port=3306 dbname=snortdb
user=xxxxxxx
                 password=xxxxxxx sensor_name=sensor1 encoding=hex
detail=Full
output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTHPRIV LOG_ALERT

I get alerts to both a file (alert.ids) and syslog, and log entries to
MySQL.  If you want alerts to MySQL, then change the 'output database: log,
...' to 'output database: alert, ...'.

They should work for you too.

- Christopher