[Snort-users] Send data to MySQL and Alert file

Rafeeq Rehman rafeeq.rehman at ...6488...
Mon May 5 10:12:08 EDT 2003

One way to accomplish it is to use ruletypes. You have to define your own
ruletype to send alerts to multiple locations. See Snort manuals for a
description of ruletype.

Rafeeq

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Anthony Seung
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 12:49 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

I am trying to send data to two places.  One is to the MySQL database
and another is to the alert file.  When I set the output to MySQL, no
data goes to alert file.  Only when I comment out output for MySQL, the
data now goes to alert file.  Anybody know how to get data to both
places?

Thanks,

Anthony Seung
Communications Engineering