[Snort-users] Snort sensor on a Firewall

sireesha gaddipati g_siri_g at ...5176...
Mon May 5 09:45:02 EDT 2003

I am new to Snort. I am using snort for a class project.I have a doubt regarding placement of snort sensor.  Can I place a snort sensor on a firewall and monitor all the traffic coming into internal network from the internet??? Will that be same as placing a snort sensor on a different box outside the firewall?? In brief will the snort on firewall be able to monitor all the packets before filtering them??? Thanks.Sireesha