[Snort-users] ACID Error: Error (p) connecting to DB

Paul Pearston paul.pearston at ...1985...
Mon May 5 08:55:02 EDT 2003

Hi,
I get the following error when I attempted to access the ACID Console
(https://localhost/acid/index.html) for the first time:

Warning: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
server. Consider upgrading MySQL client in
/var/www/html/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 229
Error (p)connecting to DB : snort at ...274...:3306
Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php
               = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the alerts
are stored
               = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
               = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
               = $alert_user     : username into the database
               = $alert_password : password for the username

Database ERROR:Client does not support authentication protocol requested
by server. Consider upgrading MySQL client
I can connect to the snort db locally within mysql, however, not from
ACID. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Paul