[Snort-users] snort v2.0 logging to mysql database

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Mon May 5 07:20:18 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Semerjian, Ohanes wrote:

> I'm testing snort v2.0 on solaris v8 (sparc). I had snort starting but then
> it quite with error below. On the databse side I had granted permission to
> the user on the sensor to log alerts to mysql (I had 8 other sensors doing
> so running v 1.7). On the mysql I use the following command to grant the
> permission

If you're upgrading from 1.7 and using MySQL, I'm almost 100% certain that
you have an old version of the DB schema.  Due to the large number of
changes from 1.7 to 2.0 I'd suggest either building a new DB for testing
with 2.0 and then slowly migrate the 1.7 sensors to 2.0 and use the newdb
or drop the tables and rereate it using the new schema.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams