[Snort-users] Promiscuous interface hacks?

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Thu May 1 07:48:34 EDT 2003

I admit I'm ignorant of this (which is why I'm asking the question), but I
think this is probably the best list that I'm aware of to ask this question.

Is anyone aware of any methods (or white papers describing methods) that
describe ways that can be used to hack a box through a NIC that is in
promiscuous mode?  I'm curious because I'm wondering how serious the recent
vulnerabilities in snort really are to a box that's set up in promiscuous
mode.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas