[Snort-users] Acid user security

Jason Linden jlinden7 at ...4723...
Thu May 1 06:16:21 EDT 2003

We are implementing Snort at one of our subsidiary facilities and would
like to add some additional security to the acid console.  We will be
using a centralized database and would like to add an additional user
page to acid which only displays to data from certain a certain sensor
id.  I don't have a problem setting up the acid web pages to do this,
the problem is setting a up a user in Mysql which only has privleges to
view the data where 'snort.event.sid=X'.  Anyone ever done anything like
this?  I would like to keep everything centralized instead of using a
separate database, if possible.  Thanks!!