[Snort-users] Snort problem

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Fri Jun 27 12:23:02 EDT 2003

Mike,

You can go to www.winsnort.com <http://www.winsnort.com/>  and go to the
Documentation section and check out the docs as it has a section on
installing Email support for Windows.

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels at ...9077...
 Website: http://www.winsnort.com

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
mshultz at ...9571...
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 2:41 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort problem

Hello.  I'm not sure if this is a support mailing list but hopefully someone
could help me out.

I am relativly new to Snort and it looks very decent for what I need it to
do.  I am running snort on a win32 machine.  My problem is that I need snort
to send either an email, which doesn't look possible as I am not a
programmer, or an SMB message to a selected workstation.  My problem is that
SMB doesn't seem to be compiled into the windows binaries and there doesn't
seem to be another way to configure it without the 'configure' executable.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mike.