[Snort-users] re: public snmp pass question

Stephen Dunn sdunn at ...9569...
Thu Jun 26 20:06:06 EDT 2003

alert udp any any -> any 161:162 (msg:"Non public SNMP access"; content:
!"public";)

The alert above should do the trick. No pass rule is really necessary
here.  All you need to do is use the ! operator on the "public" content
string of your existing snort rule to tell snort not to alert if it sees
"public" in the request.

Steve