[Snort-users] sid 1882 stable Rule malfunctions in 2.0

Rodrigo Goya lucent at ...9564...
Thu Jun 26 15:50:03 EDT 2003

Hehe, had the same problem and do use SnortCenter, had to log into the
database with MySQL and change rule 1882, I don't know if it was in the
original rules package or SnortCenter duped a "byte_test:" with no
arguments, which is what made my Snort fail.

As now, I haven't seen support in SnortCenter for handling "byte_test"
so if you try editing the rule inside SnortCenter it will just
delete all references to "byte_test" in the rule.

Cheers,
Rodrigo

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 12:55:53PM -0700, Roy S. Rapoport wrote:
> Oooh, ooh, can I guess?
>
> Are you using SnortCenter?
>
> -roy

"What is the most effective Windows NT remote management tool?
A car."
        - Network Intrusion Detection, An Analyst's Handbook
          2nd Edition, 2000
          Stephen Northcutt et al, page 147