[Snort-users] re: snortcenter/using a sensor with no ip address

Rodrigo Goya lucent at ...9564...
Thu Jun 26 15:33:09 EDT 2003

I'm using SnortCenter RC1 with Snort 2.0 and it doesn't give me such
problems. I also use sensors with 2 interfaces (some with 3: 2 in bond0
and an admin interface).

I'd think it's either SnortCenter's version or some other problem.

SnortCenter does have some issues with Snort 2.0 but it is still
usable. Problems I've encountered don't fit with this description.

Cheers,
Rodrigo

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:38:15AM -0400, Erek Adams wrote:
> <smart_ass_answer_mode>
>
> Sure!  It's an easy fix!  Don't use Snortcenter.
>
> </smart_ass_answer_mode>
>
> Seriously, don't use it.  There seems to be a few issues with Snortcenter
> and v2.0.  I'd suggest that until they are worked out, that it's not used.
>
> If this truly is an error with SC, then you'll need to see if the
> author(s) can get that fixed.  If it's a problem with your startup script,
> then that's a different issue.  What are the specifics of your error?
>
> Cheers!
"What is the most effective Windows NT remote management tool?
A car."
        - Network Intrusion Detection, An Analyst's Handbook
          2nd Edition, 2000
          Stephen Northcutt et al, page 147