[Snort-users] Re: Log vs Alert

John Deagan johndeaganaka at ...125...
Thu Jun 26 12:33:07 EDT 2003

How about this?  I want to write alerts to the database but nothing at all
in text.

output database: alert, mysql, user= password= dbname= host=
output log_null

This will make it so I dont have to worry about that damn
/var/log/snort/alert file.  But this
output database: log, mysql, user= password= dbname= host=
output log_null

Doesnt seem to work, /var/log/snort/alert still appears and gets big and
slows down snort.  Why does this work for output database: alert but not
database: log?

<<< John >>>