[Snort-users] trouble specifying more than one HOME_NET variable

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Thu Jun 26 09:01:09 EDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Philip Davidson wrote:

> I am trying to specify my $HOME_NET variable to be two separate internal
> LANs.

Easily done.

> After making the below change, I tried to start snort back up and it would
> not start.  After issuing a "/etc/init.d/snort start",  my startup script
> tells me that it is up and running.
> But then I issue a "ps -ef|grep snort" and there is no snort.
> Any idears?
>
> Here is a section of my conf:
>

> var HOME_NET [192.168.1.0/24,192.168.5.0/24]

That's fine.  It sounds like there is another error in your snort.conf.
I'll also bet that your startup script calls Snort with the '-D'
parameter.  To check for your real error, just start Snort as your script
does just without the '-D'.  Then you should see your true error.  Once
you have that, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams