[Snort-users] Re.: Snort Sensor Placement Outside Firewall

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Thu Jun 26 07:25:05 EDT 2003

Rich,

Thanks for the acknowledgements :)

Even though companies sell commercial sensors and they have great support,
they don't know everything, and it is a very good idea to seek alternative
answers elsewhere, like in the snort-users forum. That list has a wealth of
knowledge behind it and should be utilized whenever possible.

You took the incentive to go outside the box and seek other alternatives and
my hat goes off to you, most would have settled with the canned answer from
the support department.

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels at ...9077...