[Snort-users] Re.: Snort Sensor Placement Outside Firewall

Rich Lichvar rlichvar at ...9486...
Thu Jun 26 06:06:04 EDT 2003

We decided to dump the idea for now. Given the massive amount of data that
would be collected and the lack of time to analyze it, this seems to be the
best path for us (and probably a bad idea anyway).

BTW, many thanks to Michael Steele of Silicon Defense. We're using the
Silicon Defense Sentrus boxes and are, on the whole, quite happy with them.
(Any problems we've had have been ours, not theirs.) Michael has been a
great help to us in getting our Sentrus boxes and Snort running on them,
back up to snuff.

Richard L. Lichvar
Director, Operations
Knowledge Resource Center, Inc.